A glass of water with half a lemon revitalises the body and mind..
1. IMMUNE SYSTEM: The juice of half a lemon in a glass of water is rich in vitamin c, which helps boost the immune system. Easiest way to help the body fight cold and flu.
2. AIDS DIGESTION: lemon juice diluted in water has a positive effect on the gastrointestinal tract. It has a similar atomic structure to the stomachs digestive juices which in turn helps to cleanse. It can also help to relieve symptoms of indigestion, heartburn and bloating.
3. REPAIRS SKIN: Lemons are the natural cure to skin ageing. The antioxidant properties of lemons help combat free radical damage, which is responsible for the symptoms of ageing. The large Amount of vitamin c in lemons assist collagen renewal and helps hold connective tissue tight.
4. REDUCES APPETITE: lemons contain a soluble fibre called pectin which is commonly found in citrus fruits. The pectin in lemons helps create a feeling of fullness which suppresses hunger cravings. You're less likely to snack on foods and make poor choices.
5. BALANCES PH LEVELS: the body requires a balanced pH to function optimally. Too much acidity and the body can become inflamed. Lemons are one of the most alkalising foods for the body. Due to our diets, our body is generally in a state of acidity (most of us anyway) so 1/2 a lemon squeezed into a glass of water first thing in the morning is the ideal start to the day.
6. FRESHENS THE BREATH: one of the properties of lemons is they are antiseptic. Lemon juice helps to kill bacteria and act as a disinfectant - great for the mouth and breath.
7. LIVER DETOX: lemon juice water is the perfect liver detox. By stimulating the liver it encourages the production of bile which acts to purify, it also increases the acids required for digestion. It is a general tonic for the liver and helps balance and regulate it's a activity.
TIP: DO AS I DO and start your day with 1/2 lemon squeezed into a glass of warm water
Get some lemons in your fruit bowl asap..