GREEN SMOOTHIES - The hype and facts February 26 2014, 2 Comments
Most of us don’t eat enough green leafy vegetables as part of our daily diet, so blending them up into a yummy drink is definitely the way to go. Cravings for sugar slowly disappear as juices and smoothies become part of your daily food hit. Be careful not all smoothies are created equal so its best to blend your own or opt for a fresh pressed juice when out and about.
NOTE: Try not to blend your smoothie for longer than a minute, as the longer you blend, the more oxidation will occur, resulting in a loss of nutrients.
|SUPERFOOD CLEAN SMOOTHIE IDEA
No fail green smoothie recipeOnce you find a combo that you like it will be easy to slightly tweak and create new and tasty recipes. Put 1 cup of greens and 2 cups of fruit (can be either fresh or frozen), plus a little coconut water into a blender and blend for 30 seconds to 1 minute. (You can gradually increase the greens and decrease the fruit as you get used to the taste).
Why your skin will love the Green! Just a few points to note of why your skin will love the green...
- CHLOROPHYLL - purifies the blood and acts as a detoxifier thus bringing radiance to dull and tired skin.
- VITAMIN A - an essential component for building connective tissue. Vitamin A deficiencies can result in dry and rough skin and thus exasperate ageing.
- VITAMIN C - this anti-oxidant is a necessary component for the repair and growth of all body tissue, it assist the making of collagen which is important in youthful looking skin.
- SULFUR - found in green veggies, sulfur detoxifies the body, assists to reduce inflammation, improves skin elasticity and is a must for the biosynthesis of collagen.
- VITAMIN K - a big factor in helping to improve the appearance of acne scars, spider veins and other common skin imperfections