EAT YOUR WAY TO A FASTER METABOLISM March 26 2014, 0 Comments
- EAT YOUR VITAMINS - B group vitamins are the greatest..helps energy production from mitochondria (power drivers of our cells)
- DRINK GREEN TEA - Green Tea contains caffeine and the anti-oxidant EGCG which which both help the increase the number of calories you burn in a 24hr period.
- SPICES - According to the International Journal of Obesity, Capsicain, a comound found in chili peppers can rev up the metabolism by 5%.
- PROTEIN BEFORE CARBS - It takes more energy to digest protein than carbohydrates or fat. If you eat 100 calories' worth of protein, you burn up to 35 while digesting, absorbing and eliminating them. With 100 calories' worth of carbs, you burn up to 15 that way.
- DON'T SKIP BREKKY - If you skip breakfast, your body goes into starvation mode. The reason? Having an empty stomach sends a message to your cells to conserve energy in case more food doesn't arrive. To kick-start your metabolism first thing and for the day ahead, it's best to eat within two hours of waking up.
Make these 5 tweaks to your diet and watch your waistline slowly change. A healthy metabolism is a must - make sure you add some exercise in the mix too, diet alone is a great start but don't underestimate a brisk walk 3 times a week to really get things going...
Nut Butter Boat: Any vehicle for nut butter (almond, peanut, or cashew, perhaps?) is perfection in our book. Try loading a few celery sticks with 1 tablespoon of any nut butter topped with a few whole almonds or raisins (oh yeah, we went there). If you’re not a fan of celery, try scooping out the middle of an apple and fill it with a nut buttery surprise!
What are you waiting for?? green tea time OR do you prefer a Nut Butter Boat!!